Toshiba’s T300MVi® medium voltage adjustable speed drive is the most advanced drive in the industry. No other drive in the market features the latest multi-level Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) with Neutral-Point Clamping (NPC) technology. This advanced technology allows for a smaller footprint, a reduced component count, and ultimately, a lower cost. In addition, it incorporates the latest safety technology, making it one of the safest designs on the market.
Advanced Features for Maximum Drive Performance
- A Three Cables In, Three Cables Out Feature incorporates a standard pad-lockable input fused disconnect switch with a vacuum contactor and interlocked doors and eliminates the need for a secondary power source, improving the safety of system personnel.
- A Small Footprint allows the drive to be easily retrofit and paired with medium voltage motors without upgrading the motor insulation. Additionally, it eliminates the need for an output transformer and allows for the use of standard bearings without grounding or isolation means.
- A 24-Pulse Isolation Transformer provides phase-shift cancellation capabilities, eliminating issues concerning harmonic injections into bus-fed equipment. As a result, the T300MVi resembles a linear load on the incoming AC line.
- Multi-Level PWM Output closely simulates a true sinewave by employing several layers of switching devices to provide a smooth output waveform to the motor, virtually eliminating motor failures caused by insulation stress and long lead-length issues.
- Medium Voltage IGBT Technology has continually proven to be the most reliable and best performing means of speed control in our adjustable speed drives. Toshiba has successfully developed, utilized, and mastered this technology. The T300MVi pairs the most advanced transistor technology with the most robust multi-level topology and controls it with one of the fastest industrial processors in the world.
- A Versatile Control Interface offers eight digital inputs, six digital outputs, two analog inputs, and eight analog outputs as standard. Each of these input/outputs can be programmed to a variety of different functions for ultimate flexibility.
- A Plain-English LCD Electronic Operator Interface (EOI) allows for quick, user-friendly programming. Faults are logged, containing date and time stamps.
- Toshiba’s Proprietary Windows®-Based WiTool Software is designed to offer a full range of programming and monitoring tools. Operating data can be captured with the snapshot feature and up to 12 drive signals can be trended. In addition, the WiTool offers trace-back data for detailed fault analysis.
The T300MVi drive offers a wide array of easily installed option boards. These boards allow the user to communicate with a wide variety of systems. Options include:
- Modbus RTU
- Modbus TCP/IP
The T300MVi can be supplied with additional options to expand control, allow greater flexibility, or provide better protection for a user’s application. These options include:
- Redundant Fans
- Drive & Motor Space Heater
- Communication Cards
- Door-Mounted Equipment: Meters, Pilot Lights, Speed Potentiometer, & Switches
- Output dV/dT Filters for Up to 2,000 ft. of Motor Cable Length
- Direct Online Bypass
- Solid State Starter Bypass
- Reduced Voltage Autotransformer Bypass
- Sync-Xfer/Capture (Multiple Motors Synchronize Transfer & Capture)
- High Voltage Input Up to 15 kV (Requires Increase in Footprint)
- Synchronous Motor Control (AC Brushless/DC Brush Type)
- Wound Rotor Motor
Other Special Features
- Voltage Source Inverter (VSI) with Simple & Reliable Volts/Hertz Control or Vector Control (With or Without Encoder)
- Retrofit Ready
- Air-Cooled Solutions from 300 to 3000 HP
- Test Stands
- Mining & Minerals
- Oil & Gas
- Pulp & Paper